Joseph Amos Henderson
"Henderson" redirects here for other uses, see Henderson
1. In May of 1885 Joseph Amos Henderson arrived in the area and set up a homestead along a small river and a creek. He named the creek Sugar Creek because the water was so sweet and clear. The river, Indian Run was renamed Henderson Run in August 1893 by his son in law Wilber Adamson upon Joseph's untimely death.
2. Joseph arrived with his wife Hanna Alice Sims Henderson, daughter Anna Elizabeth and brother Homer Albert Henderson.
3. His son Bertrum Joseph Henderson was left behind to finish school.
4. Henderson Farm was cleared and settled in May 1885 and the fist crops harvested that year were wheat and corn.